Holy geez, these cookies are so delicious. I saw a recipe for a cookie that included the old Andes Peppermints and thought, “I have so many leftover candy canes, who needs Andes?!” I have to admit, I ad-libbed this recipe a bit but these cookies will leave your house as fast as they took to bake. Your kids will LOVE making these with you and these will also keep that Christmas Spirit in your house throughout January! Enjoy!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbles
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the cake mix, butter, egg, extracts, and cream cheese until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the cookie chunks, candy canes, and chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for one hour (the longer you can keep the dough in the fridge, the better).
- Scoop the dough into 24 1-inch balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven (the cookies will look slightly un-done when taking them out).
- Place the cookie sheet on your oven or counter and let sit for 5 minutes, allowing the cookie sheet to do the remainder of the cooking.
- After 5 minutes, remove from the cookie sheet with a spatula and ENJOY!