This month is all about Easter! I love Easter almost as much as Christmas time, but mainly because of what it represents as a Christian Woman. I also think it’s some of the best family time. Plus, it means the weather is about to change from Winter to Spring to Summer! Woo Hoo! It may seem like Christmas just ended, but the truth is that we all want the happy squeals coming from our kiddos on Easter morning so here we are about to embark on some Holiday shopping!
My 4-year-old and 1-year-old are fairly easy to please but I always try and use Easter baskets as gifts that we will use a lot, would have bought regardless of Easter, items we can add to our craft bin, clothing we needed, or items that will help in school. But also keeping it fun and simple.
See below for some suggested items as you shop for your littles this month (this is mainly guided at 1-5y):
- Bubbles or a large bubble maker like this.
- Squirt gun
- Bunch O’ balloons
- Sidewalk chalk
- Sand toys
- Toddler garden tools
- Pool toys (goggles, new inflatables, diving rings, balls for pools, or a hydro lacrosse set)
- Activity books for travel (like a Water Wow or Sticker book)
- Bath toys
- Small instruments like this
- Etch-a-sketch or magnetic drawing board
- “I Spy” tools: magnifying glass or binoculars
- Legos: either Duplos or regular ones for older kids
- Dominoes or any other “Family Game Night” board games (good list here)
- Figurines or play items from your child’s favorite character or show (e.g. Peppa Pig, Roadster Racers, Daniel Tiger, Puppy Dog Pals, Paw Patrol, Blaze, etc.).
Clothing (because you’d likely be buying this anyway):
- Bathing suit
- Shoes for spring or summer (Natives, Crocs, Freshly Picked, Salt Water Sandals are all good)
- Bathing suit cover-up
- Sun hat
- Play-Doh or a Play-Doh set
- Stickers. Lots and lots of stickers.
- Glitter glue (or glue kit to make slime)
- Dab and dot markers
- Items like markers, pom poms, paints, and paint brushes are good for littles so you can put together a fun craft. All advice on craft supplies can be found here.
- Babies: Any flip books or books on the season (we like: Spring, Little Green Frog and any Pop-Up Peekaboo Book)
- Any book on topics your child is in to (for us that would be volcanoes, animals, and dinosaurs).
- I’m loving the books by Britta Teckentrup – they are so pretty!
- Mix It Up by Herve Tullet is awesome because you can make an activity out of it with finger paints!
- Waterbottle or thermos
- Beach Bag
What items will you be shopping for this Easter? Let us know in the comments below so all Mom’s can get a variety of ideas!
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
Like This? Re-Pin Here: