If you have been following along my blog you know that essential oils have been part of my life for over 4 years and I have not regretted it once. I have turned to essential oils for virtually everything from my anxiety and post-partum depression, libido for the bedroom, happiness, work-outs, sleep, to ditching and switching toxic products around the house and products used on my babies and body (more on this next month). This week I want to talk about oils for happiness, something that has been key in my health and road to recovery after a very tough 2018 as I was dealing with an incredible bout of post-partum depression.
If you are interested in how I incorporate essential oils into my daily routine, please visit here.
All essential oil blog posts can be found here.
Essential Oils for Happiness:
- In general, you can fight the good fight with these oils: Joy, Bergamot, White Angelica, Valor, Citrus Fresh (really anything “citrus-y”), Stress Away, Peace and Calming, and Endoflex.
- If I can offer you one recipe to take with you regarding overall happiness, it’s called the Unicorn Blend. I carry this with me wherever I go and use it all day as a pick-me-up no matter what I am doing!
- Unicorn Blend Roller:
- 10 drops each: Valor, Frankincense, Stress Away, Bergamot (or Orange). Top with a carrier oil. Apply to wrists, behind ears, over your heart, or simply inhale deeply. You guys, each of these oils, with the exception of Bergamot, comes in the starter kit!
- Unicorn Blend Roller:
In addition to the “Unicorn Blend” above, every day, I roll White Angelica over my shoulders and apply 3 drops of Joy into my palms, using my pointer finger I circle the oil around my palm (counterclockwise) 5 times, inhale deeply, then rub over my heart.
Here are a few Happiness roller recipes to try (using 10ml rollers):
- Roller 1: 10 drops Joy, 10 drops Bergamot, 10 drops Grapefruit.
- Roller 2 (happy hormones): 15 drops Clary Sage, 10 drops Lavender, 5 drops Ylang Ylang, 5 drops Frankincense
- Roller 3 (for splurging): 10 drops Valor, 10 drops Release, 5 drops Geranium, 5 drops Rose
Note: Top all recipes above with a carrier oil. Apply to wrists, behind ears, over your heart, behind your neck, or simply inhale deeply for an instant pick-me-up.
- Blend 1: 3 drops Stress Away, 3 drops Bergamot, 2 drops Orange.
- Blend 2: 3 drops Lemon, 3 drops Frankincense, 2 drops Peppermint.
- Blend 3: 3 drops Grapefruit, 3 drops Lime, 2 drops Rosemary.
- Blend 4: 2 drops Grapefruit, 2 drops Lemon, 2 drops Lime, 2 drops Orange.
- Blend 5: 3 drops Lavender, 3 drops Orange, 3 drops Spearmint.
- 1 drop of Frankincense or Sacred Frankincense under the tongue in the morning to keep emotions from spiraling.
- 1 drop of Endoflex in your morning juice while taking supplements. Or by itself.