Every mother, whether you are a working mom, stay-at-home-mom, new mom, or pregnant either loves or dreads grocery shopping. But one thing is usually consistent: planning a weekly grocery trip is always a huge task! Being the planner I am, I map our family’s weekly menu so I can hit the grocery store only once and then I don’t worry about it day in and day out. That’s what works for me, some people head to the aisles on the daily.
Mama, to keep things simple, I have put together a grocery list for you with only FIFTEEN items which will take care of FIVE meals! These meals and grocery items are staples in our household and apply to our allergy-friendly lifestyle! I hope you can enjoy for lunch or dinner and this takes off some stress… at least for one week.
- Bell pepper
- Ground turkey
- Corn tortillas
- Red lentil pasta
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Can of pinto beans
- Can of kidney beans
Meal 1: Sauteed Veggies with Quinoa
- Start by sauteeing bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, and onion in a pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook 1 cup quinoa.
- Cook 1/2 pound ground turkey (add seasoning).
- You can also add some chopped avocado for extra protein!
- Combine the veggies, quinoa, and ground turkey in a bowl and season as you wish. This makes a delicious protein-packed lunch or dinner!
- Optional extra ingredients: zucchini, soy sauce, or teriyaki sauce.
Meal 2: Turkey Tacos
- Start by sauteeing half of your onion in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook 1/2 pound ground turkey over medium heat, combine with onions.
- Lightly toast your tortillas on low heat on either your stovetop or toaster oven.
- Add turkey/onion mix onto the tortilla. Add a few kidney beans for extra protein.
- Add avocado and chopped cilantro or lettuce over turkey/onion/bean mixture.
- Optional ingredients: shredded cheese, sour cream, and lime garnish.
Meal 3: Turkey Chili
- Start by sauteeing your bell pepper and onion in a pan with either olive oil or butter.
- Add 1 pound ground turkey once the bell pepper and onion are cooked (you want them translucent, not brown)
- Add 1 can pinto beans, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, with all of their juices.
- Add 1 cup water to soup for added broth (add more or less depending on the thickness of soup you desire).
- Cook until boiling and then simmer on low for 25 minutes.
- Optional ingredients: 1 cup red wine, 1 can corn, and shredded cheese or sour cream for toppings.
Meal 4: Red-Lentil Pasta Primavera
- Start by sauteeing bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, and onion in a pan with olive oil or butter.
- Cook 1 cup red lentil pasta in a separate pan (more for additional people).
- Add cooked veggies to red lentil pasta and enjoy with some warm butter on top.
- Optional ingredients: red pasta sauce, Italian sausage, and parmesan cheese.
Meal 5: Jicama Roll-Ups
- Choosing the largest pieces of lettuce (I usually do 3), place them on a plate or cutting board. You can also make these with corn tortillas for some extra calories.
- Add chopped avocado to each piece of lettuce.
- Add chopped jicama to each piece of lettuce.
- Add chopped cilantro to each piece of lettuce.
- Roll-up (like a taco) and enjoy!
- Optional ingredients: shredded cheese or deli meat.
What are your family’s favorite go-to meals?