Welcome to the Balloon Activity Section of my Blog!
As my readers grow, so will this blog post. Visit this page anytime you need a quick activity involving a balloon because what toddler doesn’t like balloons? Use this as a guide for those days you are stuck inside with your kids or need 10 minutes to get something done around the house. You can also get ideas from my blog posts on outdoor activities as well as rainy day activities.
Additionally, to have a well-stocked craft and activity center in your house, make sure to check-out this blog post to ensure you have most of the supplies needed for all kid-related craft activities as described below.
- 3, 6, or 9 Balloons (however many you want)
- 3 boxes
- Construction Paper (or markers – something to color the boxes with)
- Blow up each balloon.
- Coordinating with the construction paper and balloon color, mark each cardboard box with the colors of your balloons. For example, I blew up 3 pink balloons, 3 yellow balloons, and 3 orange balloons. I grabbed pink, yellow, and orange construction paper and taped each piece of paper to the outside of each box to match the balloons that were inside (see picture above).
- Just as you would with the game hide and go seek, have your child cover their eyes and count to 10 (or 20) and place the balloons all over the house.
- After 10 seconds, hit the timer, and your child has to find all of the balloons and place them in each corresponding box color under 1 minute (or whatever time you choose).
- Repeat and motivate your child to find them faster each time.