However you start your day, I’m sure it could involve higher energy. When I wake up in the morning, it’s my ritual to have coffee first and then I can begin. For me, it has nothing to do with the caffeine and everything to do with the ritual. This is why these no-bake protein bites are perfect for me and my family. Sometimes it’s hard to stay on track with my kiddos needs first thing in the morning, and these little guys buy me some time until I get my act together and make breakfast. Not only are these gluten-free, vegan, and allergy-friendly, they are also healthy, fast, yummy, and my kiddos love them!
- 1 heaping Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup chai protein powder (if you have access to this, if not, use extra vanilla protein powder)
- ½ cup almond flour (you can also just finely grind raw almonds OR if there is a nut allergy in your house use additional oats)
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats (I ground up the oats in the magic bullet)
- ½ cup almond butter (or peanut butter or sunbutter) – creamy, no stir works the best
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey (your preference)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips (this is optional)
Grind up your oats in a food processor and transfer into a mixing bowl (this is optional, you can keep them whole and adjust the addition of honey). Add the remainder of dry ingredients; ground almonds (or extra oats), cinnamon, and protein powder. Add in wet ingredients; almond butter, honey (or syrup) and vanilla. Mix well (it’s easy if you mix with your hands, also a good toddler activity!). Add more honey or nut butter if the batter gets too dry. Roll into 1½ inch balls and place on a cookie tray or plastic wrap with parchment paper underneath. Let them freeze for 20-30 minutes then transfer into a Ziploc bag. Dust with additional cinnamon and vanilla protein if desired.
Like this? Re-Pin Here: