Have an Easter party to attend or in-charge of bringing treats to your child’s holiday party? Try these adorable Rice Krispie Nests, they are cute, easy-to-make, and delicious! I find that Rice Krispie Treats are a favorite among people of all ages so these are sure to be a hit no matter where you go!
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 10oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- 4 cups Rice Krispies (generic brand works just as good)
- Either: whipped cream or white frosting
- Cadbury mini eggs
1. Melt butter over medium heat and add marshmallows, stir until marshmallows have completely melted.
2. Add vanilla extract and 1 drop of green food coloring.
3. Add Rice Krispies and fold into melted mixture.
4. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and scoop out a small amount of mixture into each muffin cup.
5. Once filled, press down lightly to form “nest” and press in the center of each tin until there is a slight hole in the center of each treat. Let cool and cover.
6. Once ready to serve, remove from muffin tin and spray a small amount of whipped cream or place a dollop of frosting on top of each “nest”.
7. Add Cadbury eggs to each and enjoy!